When you receive an SMS or a Voicemail you can ask Google to send you an email. In order for GVMax to work, these emails from Google must be sent to GVMax. This is done via email forwarding. The forwarding is done by creating an Email filter.
This page describes the steps you need to perform if you are not logging in to GVMax using your google voice password. When using your Google voice password all of this is should be done by GVMax automatically.
NOTE: You can still get GVMax to automatically create these filters even if you registered without using your GoogleVoice password. In your account page you will find a 'Create Google Voice Filter' this will ask for your Google Voice password which will be used only for creating the filter, it is NOT stored at GVMax. (Note: GVMax can only create email filters on GMail accounts, the one attached to your Google Voice account).
If you prefer to setup your account manual, please follow the instructions below.
Step 1 - Tell Google to send you emails when you receive SMS
- Login to your google voice account http://www.google.com/voice
- Once logged in follow this link https://www.google.com/voice#voicemailsettings
- Check the 'Email the message to' check box
- Check the 'Forward SMS messages to my email' checkbox
- Click 'Save Changes' button
Step 2- Forward Google's emails to GVMaxYou will need to create an email filter at the account where Google Voice is forwarding his emails to. This is usually your GMail account. The email filter should forward any email from *txt.voice.google.com OR email@example.com to your forwarding address. If you are using GMail then you can follow the following detailed steps.
- Login to your gmail account http://mail.google.com
- Once logged in follow this link https://mail.google.com/mail/#settings/filters
- Click on the 'Create a new filter' link at the bottom of the Settings section.
- Enter the information shown on the following image
- In the 'From' text field enter 'txt.voice.google.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org'
- Click on the 'Next Step >>' button
- Check the 'Forward it to:' checkbox and enter your forwarding address in the text field beside this checkbox (you can find your forwarding address in your account page).
- Check the 'Skip the Inbox'
- Click the 'Create Filter' button.